A Leadership Program for Girls interested in Making a Global Impact
FOR rising 11th and 12th graders (and a limited number of rising 10th graders)
July 15 - July 21: Domestic Policy & Communications
July 22 - July 28: International Affairs & Human Rights
RECEIVE PERSONAL EXPOSURE TO THE PROFESSIONAL AND POLITICAL CULTURE OF WASHINGTON, D.C.
ENVISION YOURSELF WORKING FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, A FOREIGN EMBASSY OR IN COMMUNICATIONS.
One Week Overnight stay, all expenses included: $550
Applications will be open on our around January 15, 2018.
In 2018 we will offer local students the option to attend some of the Evening seminars.
STUDENTS WILL EXPERIENCE THE:
- VALUE OF WORK WELL DONE
- IMPORTANCE OF ETHICAL LEADERSHIP IN PUBLIC SERVICE
- JOY THAT COMES FROM INTEGRATING A CAREER WITH FAMILY, FAITH AND THE DESIRE TO SERVE SOCIETY
Washington Week consists of two intense weeks of seminars, private meetings and behind the scenes discussions with individuals working in some of Washington's greatest institutions.
Yuma's Washington Week has offered these amazing professional opportunities to high school girls. Many of these sessions will be repeated.
- Tour the Capitol building and meet Congressional staff who share their experience in public service.
- Hear the personal and professional stories of foreign intelligence officers.
- Listen to a former White House employee explain her daily work schedule and the importance of loyalty.
- Visit multiple embassies and meet representatives from their diplomatic corps.
- See the World Bank in action and solve a case study on anti-fraud.
- Meet with an immigration lawyer and learn how our constitution sets the stage for immigration policy.
- Hear a speechwriter explain her craft and learn about the impact and importance of good communication.
- Attend a think-tank conference on important issues of our times.
- Explore the FBI and learn what it's like to be an intelligence analyst or special agent.
- Behold the beauty of Washington through its monuments and museums.
- Engage in daily discussions with fellow participants and program leaders.
- Participate in the opportunity to attend daily Mass and grow in faith.
- Attend seminars on ethical leadership that help students understand the importance of character and integrity in public service.
- Make new friends!
Application Deadlines: SPACE IS LIMITED.
Early action deadline: March 31. General application deadline: May 15.
Students who apply for the general application deadline will be accepted on a rolling admissions basis depending on program availalbity.
Program cost covers: overnight stay at Yuma Center, meals, transportation during program and all outings and activities.
Please feel free to contact us at Washington Week if you have any questions!
Questions? Click here to send an e-mail or call Yuma Center 202-386-6901.
Visit our photo gallery below: