Auction! New at the Yuma Benefit this Year!
Yuma's super generous sponsors have donated some wonderful items for a Super Silent Bid Auction to be held at this year's Benefit!
Super Silent means that only you will know the bid that you place on each item.
Bids for the items listed below will be placed in card boxes. You may bid on any item multiple times.
The highest bidder for each item will be announced at the end of the evening but you need not be present to win.
1. Perfect getaway with family and friends! Charming creek front paradise off of Carter's Creek in White Stone, VA
- This spacious home with beautiful views of the creek is available to you on mutually agreed upon dates - from June 2018 through May 2019.
- 4 day weekend (3 nights) excluding holiday weekends
- 4 bedrooms, 4 baths
- Accommodates up to 8 people
- Saltwater pool available Memorial Day through September
- 3 kayaks included to allow plenty of exploring on the creek.
Auction bidding for this item is usually in the $1,800 - $3,000 range.
Graciously donated by Eileen and Dick Loria
2. A gorgeous autumn holiday week at Tamarron Resort tucked in the mountains near Durango, Colorado
Lovely studio condo with a king bed and full kitchen in beautiful Tamarron resort in the San Juan National Forest, 20 minutes outside of Durango, Colorado (southwestern Colorado).
- Available to one lucky bidder for one week in October 2018!
- You will have access to the club’s fitness center and tennis courts.
- Enjoy breathtaking hikes with beautiful fall scenery.
- Durango is a charming western town with good restaurants!
- Opportunity to play golf as guests of a member ($125 per person per round)
- Mesa Verde National Park is less than an hour away.
Bidding for this item tends to be in the range of $1,200 - $2,500.
Thank you to generous donors, Mr. & Mrs. Henry Safford Peacock..
3. Redskins vs Eagles Game Tickets! Dec 30, 2018 @ 1 pm
Watch the Washington Redskins take on the Philadelphia Eagles, the 2017 Super Bowl Champions!
When again will you have the chance to enjoy seats that are not only so close to the field that you can almost touch the players but the seats have extra leg room as well?!
Parking at FedExField is included in this fabulous ticket package.
Minimum bid is $500.
Thank you to our generous sponsor, Helena Metzger, for this donation.
4. Dinner with Dorothy!
Bid on the opportunity to take Dorothy Maloney out to dinner at the restaurant of your choice or to host her alone or with friends in your home on a mutually agreed upon date!
Dorothy is our honoree this year -- a much deserved award. She helps countless others to grow in ways they never could have imagined. Dorothy is wise and wonderful and funny and kind and a true friend to all who know her.
BID: Entitles you to spend an evening with Dorothy at the place of your choosing! You may learn why Yuma Center is here in the nation's capital, about her interactions with St. Josemaria, or ask about her life in New York and Washington, D.C.
5. L’Auberge Chez François in Great Falls, Virginia
Dine in style at the award-winning L’Auberge Chez François, voted best French restaurant in the D.C. area.
Elegant restaurant serving classic French dishes in a farmhouse setting & on a garden patio. Each month L'Auberge Chez François offers a series of special culinary events showcasing delectable food, fine wine, craft beer, live music on their two on site-gardens (in season).
Minimum bid: TBA Donated by Barbara Froio.
6. Vintage Wooden Russian Handprinted Egg
Hand painted lacquer on a large easter wooden egg.
Russian vintage folk art from the mid 20th century.
Approximately 5 X 3 1/2 inch.
Value: $150 each
Graciously donated by Judit Haala
7. Sponsor high school students and our leadership programs!
Yuma will be accepting multiple open bids to support high school girls anxious to attend our leadership programs:
Washington Week: Sponsor future congresswomen, senators, policy experts, ambassadors and journalists in the making!
Yuma Serves DC: Rising 9th graders spend a week giving back to our local community and those in need.
YumaPrep: Monthly leadership program for ambitious girls from 20 area high schools. Runs from October - May.